Kim Shively is from a family of educators. Education has been her life. She is a Professor of Anthropology at Kutztown University, and has made Bethlehem her home since 2003. Kim and her husband, Deniz Ertas have been married since 1993. They are parents to four boys, including three teenage triplets. All of her sons have matriculated in the Bethlehem Area School District schools. Two of her children are on the autism spectrum, so she has experience and benefited firsthand from the special education programs provided by the school district and the Colonial Intermediate Unit.
- Brandeis University – Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Anthropology
- Harvard Divinity School – Masters of Theological Studies, World Religions
- The University of Chicago – Bachelor’s degree, Religious Studies
Memberships & Activities
- Spiritual Life: Member of The Central Moravian Church
- School Activities: Trip Chaperone, Theater productions Volunteer, Reader
- Community Activities: Chapel Choir, Food Pantry, Youth Group, Clothes Closet, Homeless Shelter, Pennsylvania Youth Ballet, Lehigh Valley For All — political activism.
- Safety at school
- Engage the WHOLE student
- Well-trained teachers
- Academic, personal and career development